20 year old blogger interested in all things creative.
Contact via phillippa.rounds@hotmail.com

Thursday 27 February 2014

Frozen inspired eyes: Makeup tutorial



I fell in love with Frozen the very first time I watched it (and must have seen it at least 500 times since...) I decided to create a look inspired by the beautiful Elsa. To achieve this frosty eye makeup, I used my Coastal Scents palette and mostly satin/shimmer based shades for extra sparkle.

I started off by priming my lids with e.l.f's eyeshadow primer in Champagne. (This primer is particularly appropriate for this look as it's very shimmery and makes your eyes sparkle!) I then selected a violet shade from my Coastal Scents palette, and used this as a base colour all over the lid. Using a fluffy blending brush, I used a rose pink shade as a transition colour and blended everything out until there were no harsh lines. With a dense brush, I used a hot fuchsia shade and defined my crease to look more like Elsa's. By cutting the crease, an illusion of wider set eyes is created which helps the eyes look large and animated.

 Using a glittering pearl colour, I highlighted the inner corners and brow bone to make the eyes look bright and frosty. I also lined my water line with a white eyeliner to really open up my eyes. To finish off, I used an angle brush and my MAC gel liner to line my lash line (with a slight wing). Finally, I curled my lashes and applied two coats of mascara to create big, fluttery lashes. For the rest of my face, I used a a NYX cream blush in Rouge and blended this onto the apples of my cheeks. Elsa has berry coloured lips so I applied a sweet rose coloured lipgloss which I enhanced with a dab of pink eyeshadow.


Here are some webcam pictures:

I hope you enjoyed this look!
-Phil x

No comments :

Post a Comment