20 year old blogger interested in all things creative.
Contact via phillippa.rounds@hotmail.com

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Smokey gold eyes: makeup tutorial

 Hello everyone! In light of the sun finally making an appearance, I wanted to create something fun and bright. I played around with some golds and yellows and came up with this deep blue smokey eye/sunflower gold contrast which really makes my brown eye colour pop. I used my Coastal Scents eyeshadow palette because I wanted colours with high pigmentation. As the eyes are bold and dramatic, I kept the rest of the face very neutral with just a light pink blush and moisturising lip balm.


As always, I started off by priming my lids to ensure the shadows are true to their colour pigmentation. It's always easiest to apply your shadows lightest to darkest, so I began with a light butter yellow shade and placed this into my inner corners, blending out into the inner third. Using a bright sunflower gold colour, I applied this to the centre of the lid for a warm, vibrant pop of colour. Be sure to blend the two shades together to create a soft gradient.


Using a dense crease brush, I selected a royal blue shade and worked this into the outer crease and down below the lower lash line. Blending is key to this look- using a clean fluffy brush and a 'windshield wiper' motion, blend all the outer edges out until they are soft (but don't over blend or else your colours will become muddy!) After I was happy with the blending, I went back and reapplied a dab of gold to make the colour really stand out.


 Using a wetted brush and a dark matte blue shade, I lined my upper lash line keeping the line relatively thin to avoid my eyes looking too weighed down. (This is a great alternative for if you don't have any eyeliner handy.) To complete the eyes, I curled my lashes and applied a few generous coats of mascara to make my lashes thick and dramatic. I love the colour combination of this look and especially how the contrast brings out my dark eye colour.


Thanks for reading!
-Phil x

No comments :

Post a Comment