20 year old blogger interested in all things creative.
Contact via phillippa.rounds@hotmail.com

Saturday 21 December 2013

Classic cat eye: makeup tutorial

The classic 'cat eye' is one of my go-to, everyday makeup looks which I chose to glam up with some false lashes and festive red lip stick. I purchased these lashes from a reliable ebay seller and chose the natural set (link here). The cat eye is my favourite look because it is simple, elegant and classic, and after abit of practise, only takes 5 minutes!

Products used:



I began by applying elf's eyeshadow primer in 'Sheer' all over the lid to create a smooth canvas, ready for the application of shadow. I selected a warm, earthy brown shade and worked this into the crease of my lid to add depth and create the illusion of larger eyes. I chose a shimmery, light-reflecting pearl colour and applied this into the inner corners to brighten up my eyes. I used warm tones and shades to compliment the colour of my eyes and to create a sweet 'doe-eyed' look.
Using a thin, liner brush, I applied Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner in 'Black Ink' to my upper lash line. I much prefer gel liners over pencil and liquid because I find the colour payoff much greater and long lasting/waterproof. To create the perfect shaped wing for your eye shape, simply extend your brush from the end of your eye to the end of your eyebrow. Lightly trace this angled line with a pencil to give yourself a guide line. I find it easier to begin filling in the liner from the outer lid, and thinning out towards the inner lid- however everyone is different; just do what's easiest for you! To make your wing crisp and sharp, take a makeup wipe and erase any errors/smudges.  
The eyelashes that I bought where longer than expected; I thought they looked too heavy for this delicate look and I therefore trimmed them slightly shorter so they looked more natural. After applying a thin layer of glue, I waited 30 seconds for the glue to become tacky and then I pressed them right above my lash line using tweezers. The closer to the lash line, the more natural and seamless they look- however any gaps can easily be filled in with some liquid liner. Since the lashes are quite extravagant, I did very little to my lower lash line other than a dusting of brown eyeshadow.
This eye makeup looks really beautiful with a nude lipstick (which is often what I wear for college because it's simple and understated). However, to add some christmas spice, why not apply some fiery red lipstick? I adore this combination as it reminds me of a 90's pin up look! Don't forget to define your brows to balance out this top-heavy look! I used BeautyUK's Hi Brow kit which I highly recommend.

-Phil x

No comments :

Post a Comment