20 year old blogger interested in all things creative.
Contact via phillippa.rounds@hotmail.com

Saturday 7 December 2013

'Glam eyes: Smokey bronze' makeup look

Products used:

 I was eager to experiment with dark, intense eyeshadows because I recently purchased an eyeshadow primer from Eyes Lips Face (e.l.f) in the shade 'Sheer'. Eyeshadow primers are known for enhancing colours, making shadows last longer and helping to prevent creasing. I'm happy to say that the primer made a huge difference, and my shadows lasted all day without creasing or fading. I purchased mine online on the e.l.f website for £1.50; at such an affordable price, I would definitely recommend it.
 After priming my eyes, I used a flat shader brush to highlight the inner corners and the centre of my lids using a pearl-gold colour by Rimmel. (It is always easier to work with light colours first!) I then selected a warm bronze shade and blended this into the inner third of the lid. Using a dense crease brush, I used Sleek's matte black shade called 'Noir' and focused this colour in the outer third of the lid; I blended this out with a chocolate brown colour. This immediately intensifies the look, making it bold and dramatic.
 To add more dimension to the eyes, I used a soft brown shade called 'bark' and blended this into the inner crease. This makes the gold shadows really 'pop' in contrast to the darker tones. I then lined the lower lash line with the same brown shadow to create a 'smokey' effect. I took time to blend out all of the edges to prevent the look from looking too harsh.
 Using a thin, angular brush, I lined my upper and lower lash lines with a matte black eyeshadow to create the illusion of thicker lashes. I then curled my eyelashes and applied a coat of black mascara.
 As the eyes are quite intense, I kept the rest of the face makeup neutral. I used Rimmel's 'Wake me up' foundation and set this with a translucent powder to keep my face matte. I dusted a shimmer based bronzer onto my cheeks to compliment the gold tones in the eye makeup. Finally, I applied Maybelline's lipstick in 'Nude' which helps emphasise the intensity of the eyes. And voila! I love how perfectly my gold leaf earrings match this look! The eye makeup is quite heavy so this would be a suitable night time/going out look. 

-Phil x

No comments :

Post a Comment