20 year old blogger interested in all things creative.
Contact via phillippa.rounds@hotmail.com

Sunday 1 December 2013

'Enchanting Dawn' makeup look

This morning I woke up early to photograph this stunning sunrise on the 1st of the Christmas month. The sky was on fire, melting into the tenderest of blues and purples. The colours were so vivid that I was inspired to create this enchanting look. Using luxurious satin shades, I tried to capture the spendor of a crisp, winter dawn. 

Products used:
  • Coastal Scents 252 Eyeshadow Palette 
  • Monella Paris cream eyeshadow base in 'Teal' 
  • Miss Sporty mascara in 'Black 01'
  • Rimmel black liquid liner

 I began by applying a creamy eyeshadow base all over the lid to create a smooth canvas for my eyeshadows to stick to. For this, I used a shimmering teal colour which really helped enhance the colours' vibrancy, making them true to their pigmentation. To resemble the sky peeking through the clouds, I used a light bluebell colour and applied this to the inner third of the lid. I then selected a bright violet shade and blended this just above my crease. Using a fluffy brush, I blended away, making the colours soft to resemble the feathery clouds.
 In the photographs that I took, I loved the colour contrast between the silhouetted trees and the burning sky. For this reason, I needed to add depth and a hint of darkness to the look. Therefore I selected a dark, midnight blue colour and focused this in the crease. I blended well so that the blue and purple tones melted together to create a hazy and misty effect, resembling the thick fog surrounding the trees. For a pop of colour, I dusted a romantic pink colour on the outer edges which reminds me of cotton candy clouds.
 I was mesmerised by the sunflower golds and auburn flames which engulfed the sky, and felt this colour had to be incorporated. In the centre of the lid, I applied a shining marigold colour to resemble the rising sun, which adds a warm dimension to the cool tones used. I lined my lower lash line with a black eyeliner and applied some of the deep, blue shadow to balance the eyes. Finally, I used a white eyeliner to highlight my inner corners and layered this with a sparkling grey/white. I used this icy colour to reflect the frosty season, and I love how this instantly brightens up the look.
I used Rimmel's black liquid liner to line my upper lash line; I began with a thin line and gradually thickened it out towards the outer lid which I winged out to create larger looking eyes. I then went back in with the indigo shadow to really emphasise that intense burst of colour. To finish off, I curled my eyelashes and applied two coats of black mascara. 
This necklace is the perfect accessory to compliment this look, it matches flawlessly! The purple stone has fragments of every gorgeous colour that I've incorporated into the eye makeup. My boyfriend bought this for me as a gift and I absolutely adore it.
The eyes are the key element of this look, reflecting the colours of a cool, winters sunrise. For this reason, I kept my lips and cheeks minimal and understated. I dusted a light bronzer on the hollows of my cheeks to warm my complexion, and applied Natural Collections neutral lipgloss in 'Pearl barley'
Quite a breathtaking view to have from my bedroom window! Happy December.

-Phil x

No comments :

Post a Comment