20 year old blogger interested in all things creative.
Contact via phillippa.rounds@hotmail.com

Saturday 11 January 2014

Sunset eyes: makeup tutorial

So, it's only January and I'm already fed up of the dull, grey weather. I miss the sun!
I decided to create this warm, fiery makeup look inspired by summer sunsets. I took inspiration from Michelle Phan and her 'hazy summer eyes' makeup tutorial (a few years old, but I love watching her old videos!) I used my Coastal Scents 252 palette to create this vibrant look and love how the colours melt into each other, creating the image of a blazing summer sky.
I began by priming my lids so that my shadows are more bright and vibrant. Taking a sunflower yellow shade, I applied this to the inner half of the lid to represent the sun rays. I then chose a bright orange shadow and focused this on the centre of the lid to represent the burning sun. Flipping the brush over, I selected a warm-toned red shade, and created a 'v' shape on the outer edge of my eye. Taking a buffer brush, I blended this colour out, bringing it slighting above the orange. This creates the burning clouds, with the sun peeking through. To help the colours melt into each over, I used a hot pink shade and applied this between the orange and red as a transition colour for extra dimension.
 Using a blue eyeliner, I lined the upper lash line, gradually thickening the line out towards the outer edge. Using a small, dense brush, I lightly blended the eyeliner out to create a hazy effect. This dark element of the look represents the ocean being cast as a silhouette by the sun. Using a clean fluffy brush, I then went back and blended out the outer edges of the red to soften the look and to also emphasise the haziness.
For the lower lash line, I chose a deep violet shade and applied this using a liner brush across the outer two thirds of my lash line. I used a pearly champagne colour to highlight my inner corners and brow bone, and also lined the inner third of my lower lash line with this. These steps really brighten up the eyes and bring more light into the look. Finally, I lined my waterline with a cream black eyeliner, curled my lashes and applied a thin coat of mascara.
Hope you enjoyed!
-Phil x

No comments :

Post a Comment