20 year old blogger interested in all things creative.
Contact via phillippa.rounds@hotmail.com

Thursday 28 November 2013

'Roasted Chestnut' makeup look

This simple and shimmering makeup look is perfect to warm up any complexion during these cold, wintery seasons. This is a look I often wear during the day as it is neutral and understated, however if you want to spice it up with some extra glam, just add some red lipstick! The soft browns and warm bronzes beautifully compliment brown eyes, creating a sweet 'doe-eyed' look.

Products used:
  • Monella Paris palette in 'Gold'
  • Sleeks Eyeshadow palette in 'Au Naturel'
  • Loreal Paris eyeshadow in 'Silver Brown'
  • A crease and flat shader brush
  • Miss Sporty mascara in 'Black 01'



I began by applying a light wash of colour over the lid called Cappuccino and blended a golden chestnut coloured bronze into the crease. Using a fluffy brush, I then worked Silver Brown into the outer corner to add some depth and dimension to the eye. I also lined the bottom lash line with this colour to create the effect of larger looking eyes. To finish off the shadow, I took a dark matte brown called Bark and concentrated this in the outer third of the lid. I highlighted the inner corner with a beautiful pearl colour called Taupe which instantly brightens up the look.

 I thought a liquid liner/gel liner would be too heavy for this delicate look; I therefore opted for using a dark brown eyeshadow to line my upper lash line. Finally I curled my lashes and applied a thin coat of mascara to keep the makeup looking light.
 To intensify this look, simply apply a heavier coat of mascara and line your waterline with a black eyeliner to create more of a 'smokey' eye effect. I applied a vibrant berry red lipstick and a dusty rose blush to compliment the eyes. This is a very basic and simple look to create which took me less than 10 minutes; it is a sweet and casual day time look that reminds me of hot chestnuts on a winters day- perfect for fall.

-Phil x

No comments :

Post a Comment