20 year old blogger interested in all things creative.
Contact via phillippa.rounds@hotmail.com

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Birthday Treats

November 19th: For my birthday, my sister made a delicious breakfast of scrambled eggs and salmon, seasoned to perfection with a slice of lemon. Although my parents couldn't be there, this dish always reminds me of my dad because we always have it as our family breakfast on Christmas morning. After tea and breakfast, we drove up to Brighton, blasting our favourite Disney classics from The Little Mermaid and Pocahontas to Tangled and Enchanted. The weather was perfect- bright and sunny with a cornflower blue sky, yet cold and crisp. Beautiful weather to take photographs on Brighton Pier. We explored the Lanes and did some shopping picking up some lovely items which I will make a blogpost about soon.







Winter is in the air. We stopped at a Costa to warm us up. I am in love with their seasonal flavours and bought the Black Forest Gateau Hot Chocolate. My sister bought the Chocolate and Orange Mocha Latte, and they were both divine. As a treat, we also shared a Caramel and Chocolate shortbread and a Christmas Yule Log. Everything was warm, cosy and delicious and the atmosphere was very festive.


My sister cooked a beautiful birthday meal, starting with olives, sun dried tomatoes and feta. Followed by Moussaka, bursting with melt-in-the-mouth aubergines and a peppered side salad with mustard dressing. Instead of a traditional birthday cake, my sister bought a mountain of profiteroles, filled with thick cream and topped with a rich chocolate sauce. Best dessert ever! I had a really lovely 19th birthday and appreciate everything my sister did to make it a special day.



-Birthday girl Phil x

No comments :

Post a Comment