20 year old blogger interested in all things creative.
Contact via phillippa.rounds@hotmail.com

Thursday 21 November 2013

Small Makeup Haul

Over the week I bought a few new additions to my makeup collection. These products are from Boots and Superdrug as they are having a three for two sale across makeup brands (go go go!) I've been looking for a neutral eyeshadow palette for some time now and I discovered this mineral based palette by Sleek called 'Au Naturel'. I'm really happy with it because the colour pay off is excellent. The shadows are highly pigmented and long wearing. I also love how there are a mixture of matte and satin shades, making it an ideal 'neutral day' and 'smokey night' palette. All of the colours are wearable and I think I will make great use of this palette. I hope to create some tutorials using this in the future! I also picked up a brow definition kit which contains three shades of brown and a setting wax, it also comes with a small, angled application brush and a pair of tweezers which is really handy. The offer includes the cheapest product free, so I chose this gorgeous dark taupe shade from Barry M called 'Cappuccino'. I am really happy with my purchases! 

Au Naturel by Sleek: £8.99
High Brow by BeautyUK: £3.99
Cappuccino by Barry M: £2.99



As a birthday gift, I received these four gorgeous lipsticks. I love experimenting with colour and the colour pay off from all of these products is excellent and eye catching. Temptation by Rimmel London is a fiery red colour with a hint of shimmer. Orange Burst by Clinique is a sharp blood orange colour. Tiger Eye by Estee Lauder is a shimmering bronze and Pinkberry a gorgeous mauve plum shade. My current favourite is Pinkberry as it leaves a lovely matte finish and is a perfect complimentary colour for fall! As these were gifts I do not know the prices.


I also picked up Rimmel London's Traffic Stopping Shadow trio in 'Speeding' which comes with a lid colour, a crease colour and a highlighter. The shades I chose were dusty golds and greys which have a beautiful pearly finish. I'm constantly on the look out for long wearing eye liners and I am a big fan of MAC and Bobbi Brown gel liners, however these are expensive so it would be great to find a cheaper alternative. I picked up this gel liner from Topshop in the shade 'Ravine' which is a dark emerald colour. To conclude this birthday haul, I got MaxFactors Lipfinity Lasting Lip Tint in shade 08 which is a gorgeous wine colour. I absolutely adore lip stains during the fall!

-Phil x

No comments :

Post a Comment