20 year old blogger interested in all things creative.
Contact via phillippa.rounds@hotmail.com

Sunday 24 November 2013

Costal Scents 252 eyeshadow palette: Unbox and review

A Coastal Scents eyeshadow palette has been on my wish list for a few years, and for my birthday I finally purchased one. I chose the 252 Ultimate eyeshadow palette because the reviews were very positive, particularly in regards to the wonderful colour pigmentation and the great value for money. With 252 shadows to choose from, the possibilities to create gorgeous makeup looks are endless. At a reasonable price, every look under the sun can be created with this one collection. I am so excited to experiment with the incredible range of colours, especially as each palette has a beautiful combination of both intense matte and satin shades. I have always been extremely weary of buying makeup products online due to the risk of damage through delivery. However I was happy to find the box safely and securely wrapped up in bubble wrap which prevented breakage of shadows. It arrived in absolutely perfect condition and I fell in love with it the moment I saw the glorious extent of colours.


 The 252 palette consists of three stacked individual palettes, each coming with a protective plastic film. A great thing about this set is how compact and light it is, making it easy to travel with and convenient to store. Additionally, the ribbons are very handy as they help deconstruct the stack quickly and easily. The colours are highly pigmented with an exciting variety of finishes: sheer, matte, and shimmery. I love how the cool and warm tones are grouped together for easy access.


 This palette has cool undertones and consists of satin based blues, greens and earth tones. The shimmery blues are one of my favourites in the collection as they look magical with their iridescent finish.


 This palette is very warm and vibrant, consisting of colours which remind me of a sunset on a summer night. Although they are small in size (just larger than a 5 pence) each colour is bursting with delicious vibrance, with a strong pigmentation which is sure to last a while. It is, however, comforting to know that if you were to run out of your favourite colour, you would be able to find one similar! 

 This last palette is a mixture of both warm and cool colours and has the essential black and white matte shadows.
Here are some swatches to demonstrate the amazing pigmentation of the shadows. I used a fuchsia pink, sunflower yellow and sky blue:
I would definitely recommend this makeup set to anyone who is interested in beauty/makeup/fashion and has a creative eye. Whether you are just starting out with makeup or you are a professional, this is a must have in any artist's collection! I look forward to experimenting and creating some tutorials.

-Phil x

No comments :

Post a Comment